1. What are the issues in need of prophetic witness today?
2. What are the debates around these issues?
3. What are the actions of the local church on these issues?
4. How is the church carrying out its prophetic mission in your community, country and the world?
5. What are some of the challenges and places the church falls short in its prophetic mission?
6. Do you agree with Sr Specioza Kabahuma that “prophetic mission is for every baptised person”? If so, how might you be called to prophesy?
Agustoni, Tarcisio. 2001. Every Citizen’s Handbook: Building a Peaceful Society. Nairobi, Paulines Publications Africa.
Githinji, Peter G. 1995. Justice in Our Midst. Nairobi: Paulines Publications Africa.
McKenna, Megan. 2001. Prophets, Words of Fire. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Publications.
Mkaronda, N. (Ed). 2003. Prophetic Witness in Zimbabwe: Critical Voices Emerging in Times of Crisis. Harare: Ecumenical Support Services.
Muyebe, Stanslaus and Muyabe, A. 2001. The African Bishops on Human Rights. Nairobi: Paulines Publications Africa.
Opongo, Elias O. and Orabator, A. 2007. Faith Doing Justice: A Manual for Social Analysis, Catholic Social Teachings and Social Justice. Nairoibi: Paulines Publications Africa.
Zimbabwe Catholic Bishops Conference. “God Hears the Cry of the Oppressed,” April 2007.